Lonely Planet’s Experience Iceland is your guide to unforgettable experiences and local surprises. Hike across glaciers in Vatnajokull National Park, gaze at the Northern Lights, learn the ancient sagas of West Iceland – all guided by local experts with fresh perspectives. Uncover Iceland’s best experiences and get away from the everyday!
- Inside Lonely Planet’s Experience Iceland:
- Unique experiences to string together an unforgettable trip
- Inspiring full-colour travel photography and maps throughout
- Highlights and trip builders to help tailor a trip to your personal needs and interests
- Fresh perspectives to surprise you with things you hadn’t thought of, as well as fresh takes on the well-known sights
- Insider tips help you discover hidden gems and get around like a local
- Expert insights take you to the heart of the place – New Icelandic cuisine, Icelandic music, sagas and folklore, swimming the Blue Lagoon, hiking Vatnajokull National Park, seeing the Northern Lights
- Practical info and tips on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay, and responsible travel
- Covers Reykjavik, Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, East & Southeast Iceland, Akureyri, North Iceland, the Westfjords, West Iceland
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Experience Iceland, our inspiring guide, filled with local tips and fresh perspectives focuses on Iceland’s best experiences to string together for an unforgettable trip.