Lonely Planet’s Experience Japan is your guide to unforgettable experiences and local surprises. Discover Hokkaido’s ski slopes and snow festivals, explore Himeji-jo, and sample Japanese delicacies in Kyoto – all guided by local experts with fresh perspectives. Uncover Japan’s best experiences and get away from the everyday!
- Inside Lonely Planet’s Experience Japan:
- Unique experiences to string together an unforgettable trip
- Inspiring full-colour travel photography and maps throughout
- Highlights and trip builders to help tailor a trip to your personal needs and interests
- Fresh perspectives to surprise you with things you hadn’t thought of, as well as fresh takes on the well-known sights
- Insider tips help you discover hidden gems and get around like a local
- Expert insights take you to the heart of the place – culture, Japanese cuisine, Geisha, onsen, cherry blossoms
- Practical info and tips on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay, and responsible travel
- Covers Tokyo, Fuji Five Lakes, Kii Peninsula, Nikko, Central Japan Alps, Hiroshima & Western Honshu, Kyushu, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Hokkaido, Okinawa & the Southwest Islands
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Experience Japan, our inspiring guide, filled with local tips and fresh perspectives focuses on Japan’s best experiences to string together for an unforgettable trip.