- An insider’s guide to New York City’s hidden gems and lesser-known spots
- Written by a true local, filled with independent advice, based on thorough research and the author’s personal opinions
- An inspirational and practical guide to the city’s most interesting places, buildings, restaurants, shops, museums, galleries, neighbourhoods, gardens and cafés, presented in 100 original lists of 5 secrets
- Photography by Erinn Springer
- A recently updated edition in Luster’s successful and attractive series of city guides, The 500 Hidden Secrets
This one-of-a-kind guide takes you to New York’s best-kept secrets, like vintage shops packed with unique collector’s items, opulent spots for high tea, the best places to grab a drink before or after theatre, the best stretches for running, and the coolest sneaker stores. This guide reveals hundreds of addresses, as well as good-to-know facts and interesting information, like the best ways to mingle with New Yorkers, the sports that you absolutely have to see, and 5 things that New Yorkers just know. The 500 Hidden Secrets of New York is the perfect book for those who want to discover the city, but avoid all the usual tourist haunts, as well as for residents who are keen to track down the city’s best-kept secrets.