- What are 5 of the most stunning modern buildings?
- Where can you find the 5 cosiest food markets?
- What are the 5 most special museums?
- What are the 5 most luxurious hotels?
- What are the 5 most beautiful spots at the Kralingen Lake?
The 500 Hidden Secrets of Rotterdam reveals these good-to-know addresses and many more. It is an affectionate guide to the city, written by Guido Van Eijck and Saskia Naafs. They wandered around the most interesting neighbourhoods of Rotterdam, in and out the city centre, and selected 500 addresses that they recommend with a lot of enthusiasm, like a former harbour warehouse turned into a daily fresh market where you can sample a perfect locally roasted coffee or a home made cider, a bright red vessel ship where you can attend an intimate concert, or a former subtropical swimming paradise where you can grow your own oyster mushrooms.
This is a book for visitors who want to avoid the usual tourist spots and for residents who are keen to track down the city’s best-kept secrets. 500 addresses and facts in total, presented in original lists of 5. Maps & index included.