- Green projects for a sustainable urban future is a current topic in times of climate change and constantly growing cities
- The only illustrated book that combines relevant greening projects and inspiring city park impressions
- With texts by travel and food journalist Jessica Jungbauer
- Including interviews with leaders in their field, such as the Central Park Climate Lab, pioneer of today’s guerrilla gardening movement Ron Finley, landscape architect Kotchakorn Voraakhom of futuristic studio LANDPROCESS, and arguably the world’s most famous landscape designer Piet Oudolf
- Text in English and German
Former runways, abandoned buildings, disused railways and more: discover the urban spaces worldwide that have been transformed into green havens. Showcasing the transformative power of nature in today’s cities, Urban Oasis is a journey through the innovative and inspiring green city spaces rising around the world to meet the challenges of the climate crisis and social inequality. From Berlin’s Tempelhof Airport, now a thriving public space, to the former landfill site transformed into Cairo’s Al-Azhar Park, to Bangkok’s Thammasat University Urban Farm, the largest organic rooftop farm in Asia, the forward-thinking green projects featured in this stunning book offer abundant glimpses of a greener future.